Here’s a fantastic program for folks that are renting, have a decent credit rating and want to buy a home in Arizona. The Arizona Department of Housing calls it the “Home Plus Home Loan Program”. So if you or anyone you know are renting and ready to buy a home in Arizona I urge you to look into this program.
- Mortgage for the purchase of an Owner occupied, Primary Residences only.
- Borrower(s) Income not to exceed $88,340.
- Purchase Price limit not to exceed $353,360.
- Each borrower must complete a homebuyer education course before closing. The homebuyer education requirement may be met by taking a pre purchase course through an internet-based program developed by mortgage insurance companies, such MGIC or Genworth Financial or through another HUD-approved homebuyer education provider. For more details see the HOME PLUS Participating Lender document.
- The homebuyer MUST work through one of AzHFA approved and participating mortgage lenders. The lender will be your point of contact through the process working with the homebuyer to obtain a program qualifying mortgage and registration for the down payment assistance grant. Please see the document “Home Plus Participating Lenders” for the program approved lenders.
If you’re military or a vet it gets better. Here’s the LINK for the program.
Once you’re qualified please call me at 623 344-1003 x3071 and I’ll set you up with a custom search in the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service (ARMLS) for homes that meet your search criteria. The listings will go directly to your email on a daily basis so you’ll be getting as close to real time listing information that is available to the public. I also do no obligation referrals to Real Estate Professionals statewide as well as nationwide. So even if you’re not in the Phoenix West Valley I can help you find a home.
Also, if you’re currently a homeowner in Arizona that is upside down on your mortgage, looking at a short sale or facing foreclosure please check this AZDOH program.